Features/Advantages of the P Pillow
- Unique shape supports the head while maintaining straight alignment of the neck without pressure on the eyes, nose and ears.
- Side opening allows clear view of the patient's face.
- Side opening provides easy access/adjustments to endotracheal or other tubes used during surgery and in the intensive care unit.
- Patented U-shape allows right or left side positioning of anesthesia machines and quick support of the head after intubation and turning of patient.
- High density soft foam maintains pillow shape during use and minimizes facial skin pressure.
- Safely supports the head in lateral and supine positioning.
- Center foam Cut-Out included (useful during intubation to achieve "sniff" position and as an axillary roll).
- Detailed instructions on label for each pillow.
- Safer, cost-effective and simplicity of use compared to other prone positioning products.
- Compression wrapping saves on storage space until pillows are needed.
The P is the Universal OR/ICU Pillow
A Study of the P's Effectivness in the Supine Position
While primarily designed for use in the prone position, the P-Prone Positioning Pillow has shown promising results when used in other common positions, as mentioned aboved. This study was conducted to prove the P's effectiveness in the supine position (laying on your back, with or without an endotracheal tube inserted), compared with the common competing thinner pillow of closed design. X-Rays were taken of the patient in the same position, using both pillow types. On the X-Rays, the patient's airway (larynx) has been highlighted with arrows for easier comparison. Click any of the images in the "Thumbnails" column to view the full-size image.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
The Common Thinner Pillow Used Prior to the P in Supine Position
Picture of patient using a competing prone positioner in supine position. Due to the lower height of the pillow, notice that the patient's head is tilted too far back (extended), resulting in a narrowed airway (between arrows).
The P-Prone Positioning Pillow
This setup shows the P used in the supine position. The "sniff" position (head forward and only slightly extended) is thus attained. Notice that the patient's airway is more open (between arrows) with the P. This provides a better position to insert an endotracheal tube at the beginning of an operation, and can lessen tube irritation of vocal cords and trachea.
Below is a picture of an actual operation using the P in the supine position.
TO PLACE AN ORDER, CLICK THE "SHOP" BUTTON ABOVE.